What Remains True
What Remains True
- Jesus said: Life is hard. It’s okay to admit that and feel all the hard feelings. He also said we have two things to take to heart. 1) He gives us peace in the middle of trouble. 2) He has overcome the world. Someday all will be made right again.
- We have a hope that the rest of the world doesn’t have, and we can wage war with LOVE and HOPE to those who don’t know.
- Life will go back to normal and we will ride a plane, eat in a restaurant, and go bowling again. But what good will those gains be if we forfeit what we have now?
- In this time when every day there are more and more restrictions, may we focus on what we do have. What truly matters in light of eternity?
- Our schedules may be completely out of whack, but as believers we still have a job to do: Preach the gospel! How can we creatively tell people about Jesus in the midst of “social distancing”?
Jesus, thank You for truth that stands eternal. Grant each one of us exactly what we need for these challenging times. Protect and guide us. Give us your wisdom. Show us how to love and live for You. We love You and trust You. Amen.
- The world (aka the news) is going to give you many reasons to fear and panic. Jesus gives us PEACE. Period.
- We will NEVER walk in darkness if we know Jesus. Even the darkest dark here on earth can’t extinguish the Light of the World. He gives us life, both now, and forever.
The Lens of Gratitude Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. Philippians 4:11 went to the eye doctor a few weeks ago, for a much-needed checkup. I’d suspected my lenses were off and,...
Opportunities to Trust We all experience times of testing, which is normal for every human being. But God will be faithful to you. He will screen and filter the severity, nature, and timing of every test or trial you face so that you can bear it. And each test is an...
Everything Else I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6 eturning to life after the Pandemic has felt a little like emerging from a cave. I’m finding that I’m not the same person who went into...