What Remains True
What Remains True
- Jesus said: Life is hard. It’s okay to admit that and feel all the hard feelings. He also said we have two things to take to heart. 1) He gives us peace in the middle of trouble. 2) He has overcome the world. Someday all will be made right again.
- We have a hope that the rest of the world doesn’t have, and we can wage war with LOVE and HOPE to those who don’t know.
- Life will go back to normal and we will ride a plane, eat in a restaurant, and go bowling again. But what good will those gains be if we forfeit what we have now?
- In this time when every day there are more and more restrictions, may we focus on what we do have. What truly matters in light of eternity?
- Our schedules may be completely out of whack, but as believers we still have a job to do: Preach the gospel! How can we creatively tell people about Jesus in the midst of “social distancing”?
Jesus, thank You for truth that stands eternal. Grant each one of us exactly what we need for these challenging times. Protect and guide us. Give us your wisdom. Show us how to love and live for You. We love You and trust You. Amen.
- The world (aka the news) is going to give you many reasons to fear and panic. Jesus gives us PEACE. Period.
- We will NEVER walk in darkness if we know Jesus. Even the darkest dark here on earth can’t extinguish the Light of the World. He gives us life, both now, and forever.
God's Stunning GraceI remember the days of old. I ponder all Your great works and think about what You have done. Psalms 143:5 he men shuffled through the serving line at the Cold Weather shelter, most of them barely looking up as we warmly greeted...
Be Careful And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through...
Reading the Red This then is how you should pray: Matthew 6:9 hese are turbulent times we are living in. Our country feels more divided than ever. We, as believers, are called to be different. We are called to be a light to others. We are called to...